Saturday, February 03, 2007

An Interesting Week!

Started out a nice Sunday out with Joe that ended up in me spending all of Sunday night up sick. After taking a sick day Monday to recover and sleep, things began to look up and kept doing so!

First, over the holidays, my laptop, Marius, tried to develop a caffeine habit which turned out to be almost fatal to it. But thanks to a wonderful tech guy in town that works from home, I was able to get Marius fixed at a whole lot less than I thought it would be! So Marius is back with me and running fine!



Also this week, the McGonagall hat I found on sale (half of what everone else was selling it for) and the Athena (Professor McGonagall's wand from the Whimsic Alley Phoenix Collection arrived and both were absolutely awesome! Great deals and well made.





With the money I had put away and did not have to spend on repairing Marius, I found really good deal on decent new digital so should cure my fuzzy photo ills and will be hear shortly again thanks to Ebay.
My Phoenix Rising Registration has transferred and confirmed and I've taken the sorting quiz and now impatiently
calmly wait for their reply (*runs off to check email yet again, returns*). Tried to keep myself occupied with coming up with a fractured Phoenix Rising version of the "Pina Colada (Escape) song"!
And I've completed yet another Molly Weasley sweater for another friend and it will be making its way to her Monday when I get to the post office. Think she'll like it?



And a book release date...but not sure how I feel. Looking forward to new book. So close to the movie release.... wish we could have savored each moment more.

Also made a trip to Goodwill in Fort Smith yesterday and found a nice longsleeve black turtleneck and long black skirt for McGonagall's 'dress' now to just get my sewing machine fixed so I can make her green robe!

And along with the Molly Sweater, kept busy this week working on a new craft for a swap I'm in and made a few other things as well as you can see! Good thing I know a couple of other Ravenclaws :)

Some bracelets and:




Some knitting stitch markers



And this afternoon, I even managed to get Marius hooked up and running with his new wireless card! Yes, definitely been a good week!

No comments: