Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One of those days....

Having given jenn a laugh today after it happened, figure you'll all enjoy this too.

I left work and had to do some stuff in Ft Smith (about a 50 mi drive from here) and since I didn't have lunch, Istopped in Pocola (about 3/4 the way) at a Tote-A-Poke convenience store for a drink and sandwich (you know the premade factory packed ones?). I go to the registers and there's about 4-5 guys in there making purchases or waiting to pay for gas and 3 women working the counter.

Waiting my turn, I sorta stand back to see whose in what line and when a guy leaves, the woman says "Next" and so I start to head there and one of the men waiting does too. We both stop and he says go ahead and I told him its fine since he was waiting first and as i do, I indicate with the hand holding the sandwich for him to go ahead.

At which point the sandwich flys out of my hand, hitting the guy in the crotch *headdesk*

I'm turning red and apologizing while all the other men, who apparently know him are going on about how that'll teach ya to cut her off in line
Add in that the women behind the counter also know him and are telling him You sooooo deserved that (apparently he's a practical joker) and one woman told me I'm her hero and she's sooo glad she was there to see this.

*sigh*

No comments: