Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jonathan

So a couple of hours ago, my daughter Eileen called to tell me my son Jonathan had an accident. No, not with a car thankfully but serious enough to scare me and send me calling him.

He was on a trip to see about a youth minister's position that had been offered to him and in the course of visiting there was playing soccer. While, as goalie, saving the play and keeping the goal from scoring, he was hit in the head. Hard enough to remember nothing about it. Not remember actually completing the save. Not remember continuing to play. Not remembering he's supposed to preach tomorrow morning at his home church (which is now cancelled).

Fortunately, the people he was with, one of them is the director of the ER there and took him right in for an exam and catscan. I've spoken to both Jonathan and the doctor and am somewhat assured.

Also have been assured the memory confusion/loss will clear up and has somewhat already. He will be spending the night at the doctor's house as well so there is someone(s) watching over him for the next few hours.

No comments: